The Top 10 Reasons To Get A Music Technology Degree
How can you turn your passion for music into a career that will last a lifetime? What is a degree in Commercial Music Technology? How can you turn your hobby into a business?
The new era and atmosphere and as far as we believe, University of nowadays; believe that earning a commercial music technology degree will provide you with many new opportunities to pursue your passion while also providing you with the knowledge and portfolio needed to turn that passion into a career. Our music production program is a flexible bachelor's degree that prepares you for exciting jobs, stable career paths, and personal development.
Why should you pursue a commercial music technology degree from the California University of Pennsylvania? The following are the top ten reasons to pursue a bachelor's degree at California University:
- A close-knit community: Cal U's commercial music technology program takes pride in being an inclusive and close-knit community where students are nurtured rather than lost in the shuffle. We meet with each degree seeker in the music production program on a regular basis to gauge their progress, listen to what excites and concerns them, and help them carve out the educational program that best suits their individual needs, unlike some larger schools where teachers have little time to know and invest in their students. Each fall semester, only 20 students are accepted into the commercial music technology program, ensuring that you will know both your teachers and your classmates.
- Create the ideal career path for you: Many of our commercial music technology students have diverse interests and fields of speciality, ranging from traditional performance to audio/visual technology to music production, despite sharing a common passion. Students pursuing a music production degree at the California University of Pennsylvania will undoubtedly gain hands-on experience in applied music skills, music technology, and music production — but they may also learn about entrepreneurship and performance, receiving private vocal or instrumental instruction after the program's audition process.
- Take advantage of cutting-edge facilities: Former Cal U music technology students have gone on to great success after learning their craft in our state-of-the-art facilities in Pennsylvania. All Cal U music production students have access to modern, cutting-edge facilities where they can learn about audio engineering and digital music production. We have 20 stations with large-screen iMacs loaded with industry software bundles like Pro Tools, Logic, GarageBand, and others. Our commercial music technology lab is constantly updated with the most up-to-date recording hardware and software, and our studio-quality microphones and equipment — which are available for student use — have been used to record a number of professional-grade EPs. There are also individual and group practice rooms available.
- Invest in a return-on-investment education: The strong track record of the California University of Pennsylvania in placing commercial music technology degree holders in rewarding positions gives us confidence that our degree is a wise investment. According to our most recent survey of the 50 most recent commercial music technology graduates, 48 of them are either working in the music industry or continuing their musical education in graduate school.
- Expand your professional horizons: Many people love music, but when they look at a college catalogue, they wonder, "What can you do with a commercial music technology degree?" Commercial music technology graduates from Cal U are successful professionals in a variety of positions across Pennsylvania and the United States. Cal U graduates have gone on to work in a variety of exciting jobs and powerful positions across the country, including Audio/Visual Events Director Technician for audio and lighting. Entrepreneur and owner of a music centre. Engineer of sound. Specialist in audiovisual production. Producer of music.
- Obtain a national certification to give you a competitive edge in the job market: Students pursuing a commercial music technology degree from Cal U can earn Avid certification, which is recognized nationally and internationally as the gold standard in the fields of music technology and music production, as well as film, television, broadcasting, and mass media. The California University of Pennsylvania is the state's only public university program to be named an Avid Learning Partner, allowing the university to forge meaningful connections in the music production industry. Cal U music technology students gain valuable hands-on experience with Pro Tools in our state-of-the-art labs, in addition to being prepared for national certification exams.
- Students pursuing a commercial music technology degree at Cal U study with nationally recognized faculty members who have real-world experience on the stage, behind the curtain, and in the studio. Faculty at Cal U are well-versed in music theory as well as current trends and best practices in the fields of music production and technology. Many of the instructors at California University have worked as music producers, sound technicians, and technology specialists in addition to performing and teaching. Cal U's art world connections also aid in attracting top industry figures. Jazz legend Jamey Aebersold, music producer Bobby Owskinki, and country music writer and producer Joe West have all recently visited the Cal U program.
- Cal creates a solid future Jobs in music technology and music production are expected to grow slowly through 2026, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, owing to the historically uncertain nature of arts funding. Bachelor's degree holders with a balance of music theory and experience in sound mixing and digital production, according to both the BLS and industry leaders, not only have the best chance for success but also earn above-median pay while working in the field they love. College graduates with technical expertise in music technology and music production are beginning to gain competitive advantages in a much wider range of job titles as more companies move toward creating their own digital content while expanding their social media teams to include content creation and music production.
- Gain practical experience through competitive internships: the California University of Pennsylvania recognizes that in today's competitive job market, students who are most likely to land their dream jobs require a combination of music theory and real-world, portfolio-building experience in music technology and music production. Many of our music technology students work in industry hotspots like Nashville, New York City, Atlanta, Austin, and Pittsburgh, and the Cal U commercial music technology program collaborates with industry leaders to create exciting internship opportunities in studios, theatres, radio stations, and on the stage. Cal U makes certain that students who graduate with a degree in commercial music technology have a diverse work portfolio and as many industry connections as possible.
- Allow yourself to enjoy your work: the California University of Pennsylvania is a dynamic institution with a track record of placing commercial music technology graduates in positions to achieve their goals. Our program emphasizes hands-on learning, and all of our students receive a minimum of 240 hours of practical experience in audio post-production, live sound reinforcement, and digital video production. Many of the tasks are enjoyable. Students created storyboards and collaborated with historians and scriptwriters for a documentary series on jazz legends as part of a recent project with the Se. John Heinz History Center. Our program is designed to ensure that our students are not only learners but also creators, gaining confidence through live performances, internships, and state-of-the-art facilities. While your bachelor's degree in commercial music technology will begin on the Pennsylvania campus of Cal U, we want it to end wherever your heart and talent lead you.
DJ MoreMusic Digital Media's commercial music technology degree opens the door to a more exciting and fulfilling future. Apply right now!
PUT YOUR SONG HERE
» ORDER FOR RADIO JINGLES, PODCAST INTROs and DJ DROPs
Check out what's trending this week 💡
Check out what's trending this week 💡
All Rights Reserved.