On at about 19:25:17 PM, Black Panther: The soundtrack to 'Wakanda Forever' was updated.
Black Panther: The soundtrack to 'Wakanda Forever' will be released globally on November 4th
The soundtrack to The Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Music From and Inspired By, produced by Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Archie Davis, and Dave Jordan, will be released on November 4 by Roc Nation Records/Def Jam Recordings/Hollywood Records.
The soundtrack is available for pre-saving, pre-adding, and pre-ordering here.
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige and Nate Moore, will be released in theatres in the United States on November 11, 2022.
Wakanda Forever's music for 2022 – Rihanna featuring Tems for Nigeria; 'Lift Me Up' — This week, Rihanna's lead single "Lift Me Up" becomes the most-added song in US radio history, with the most ever single-day spins and the largest ever single-day audience.
Over 40 international artists were recorded in Lagos, Nigeria, Mexico City, London, and Los Angeles for the soundtrack to The Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Among the featured artists are Rihanna, Tems, Fireboy DML, OG DAYV Ft. Future, CKay Featuring PinkPantheress, E-40, and a slew of others.
Ludwig Göransson, who has two Emmys, two Grammys, and an Oscar to his name, composed and produced the soundtrack's score as well as the original songs. His extensive experience producing artists (Childish Gambino, Adele, Haim, Justin Timberlake) as well as scoring films and television shows (Black Panther, Creed, The Mandalorian) made him uniquely qualified to oversee both parts of the soundscape.
Coogler and Göransson set out to create an innovative soundscape for their fourth cinematic collaboration, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, where Göransson says, "The songs and score are one." The two artists have talked about this approach since their days at USC Film School, and it finally became a reality with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Göransson spent over 2500 hours recording the score and soundtrack, which involved six studios spread across three continents and five countries. The audience will hear over 250 musicians, two orchestras, two choirs, and over 40 vocalists throughout the film.
From co-writing lyrics on Rihanna's "Lift Me Up" to suggesting a cover of Bob Marley's "No Woman, No Cry" performed by Nigerian singer/songwriter Tems and bridged together with Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" for the film's instantly viral trailer, Coogler was intimately involved in the creation of the music for the film.
"Ryan and I talked about the importance of creating an immersive journey of sound and voice," Göransson said. If we used a song in the film, it had to be the entire song and related to the story. We wanted to transition the audience from grief to celebration. You can close your eyes and relive the movie experience by listening to the soundtrack. That was the plan all along."
Because the story is inspired by both Nigerian and Mesoamerican cultures, recording sessions were held in Lagos, Nigeria, Mexico City, Mexico, and Abbey Road Studios in London. Producers collaborated with popular Lagos artists such as Tems, who has become a hotbed of musical innovation. In addition, the soundtrack features emerging rappers and artists from Mexico City, including rapper Pat Boy, who raps entirely in Mayan.
Göransson spent time in Mexico City exploring and researching Mayan music with music archaeologist Alejandro Rojas. The soundscape was created using instruments from both Nigerian and Mesoamerican cultures.
'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' Music From and Inspired By Soundtrack Launches Globally on November 4
With 19 original tracks and over 40 international artists, including Rihanna's new single "Lift Me Up."
TRACKLIST FOR THE BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER MUSIC FROM AND INSPIRED BY:
- Lift Me Up Performed by Rihanna
- Love & Loyalty (Believe) Performed by DBN Gogo, Sino Msolo, Kamo Mphela, Young Stunna and Busiswa
- Alone Performed by Burna Boy
- No Woman No Cry Performed by Tems
- Árboles Bajo El Mar Performed by Vivir Quintana and Mare Advertencia
- Con La Brisa Performed by Foudeqush and Ludwig Göransson
- La Vida Performed by Snow Tha Product featuring E-40
- Interlude Performed by Stormzy
- Coming Back For You Performed by Fireboy DML
- They Want It, But No Performed by Tobe Nwigwe and Fat Nwigwe
- Laayli' kuxa'ano'one Performed by ADN Maya Colectivo: Pat Boy, Yaalen K'uj, All Mayan Winik
- Limoncello Performed by OG DAYV featuring Future
- Anya Mmiri Performed by CKay featuring PinkPantheress
- Wake Up Performed by Bloody Civilian featuring Rema
- Pantera Performed by Alemán featuring Rema
- Jele Performed by DBN Gogo, Sino Msolo, Kamo Mphela, Young Stunna and Busiswa
- Inframundo Performed by Blue Rojo
- No Digas Mi Nombre Performed by calle x vida and Foudeqush
- Mi Pueblo Performed by Guadalupe de Jesús Chan Poot
The score album for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, composed by Göransson, will be released on November 11, 2022.
Find DJ More Music NG to be useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!META TAGS